The B Squared team has been working on a major upgrade to our existing Connecting Steps assessment software for the past 12 months. We are beyond excited to share the news with you that it’s nearly ready.
For some time now, our customer schools have been asking for help to reduce the amount of time it takes to assess and analyse their pupils’ progress. They didn’t want to watch the circle of doom go round. So, that’s exactly what we’ve set out to achieve. We’re thrilled with the results, and we hope you will be too.
We would like to invite you to an advanced preview, so you can see the difference for yourself. Register for our webinar to see how Connecting Steps V5 can speed up assessments and simplify analysis of pupils’ progress across your school.
New, fresh, user friendly navigation – filters, favourites, history and notifications help simplify and speed up your assessments
Super quick to input and access your pupil assessments
Just as easy to use on a tablet, laptop or desktop, no need for an app
Hundreds of new features in the new version of Connecting Steps
Demonstrate the progress of EVERY child in your school using Connecting Steps V5 – so there’s no need to run more than one assessment system
Track the progress of pupils working at age related expectations and those with SEND
Connecting Steps V5 provides a fresh new look and feel for the software
Speed up your assessments and simplify your analysis of pupils’ progress
Connecting Steps V5 has been designed to speed up assessments and simplify analysis of ALL pupils’ progress across your school. The new software design has been about reducing clicks, less waiting time and more flexibility.
We’re so excited about this new version for Connecting Steps, that we’ve also rebranded Connecting Steps. The new logo and a new website will make it clear that lots has changed. You’ll start to see this new logo in use later this month.
Speed up assessing
Here’s just some of the great new features that you’re going to see in Connecting Steps V5 – that will help speed up your assessments
- You can use Connecting Steps with iPads and other tablets
- Faster log in time
- Use the history to jump straight back to where you where
- The Display button has gone! When you select the subject and profile, it will load the student’s current level. Quicker and less clicks
- Save favourite screens/reports to make navigation much faster – great for annual reviews or for getting the reports you want regularly, quickly
- New filtering helps teachers to focus on specific pupils or what skills are missing
- More helpful notifications to help you use the software more effectively
- New baselining features – quicker and easier baselining
Simplify your analysis of pupils’ progress
These new features make it easy to analyse your pupils’ progress to identify next steps and where interventions are needed
- Connecting Steps V5 will have even more reports, they aren’t there yet, but they will be coming soon
- Easy access to charts that visually show progress
- Faster and easier to work with larger groups of pupils
- Identify skills missing within groups
Connecting Steps V5 is a free update
As soon as our fresh new version of Connecting Steps is ready for release, it will be provided to our current V4 customers as a free upgrade.
We will be in touch with full details. We will also provide links to access our new training videos taking you through how to get the most out of the software. The anticipated release date is February 2021.
Your current assessment data will not be affected, it uses the same data underneath.
Connecting Steps V5 will be released in phases
This upgrade is all about improving the user experience for our customer schools to help your assessment data work smarter for you. The first sections being released are the sections you use the most – the assessment screens and the screens used for baselining. The next update will bring individual and group reporting and printing and the final part will be our new analysis tool.
Connecting Steps is designed to be used for all pupils. New assessment content designed to be used with pupils working at Age Related Expectations (ARE) will mean schools can use one assessment system for everyone, saving time, complexity and money.